A panel of senior journalists, editors and a cartoonist talk through some of the year’s biggest stories, explaining why journalists cover stories the way they do. What questions should you be asking when you look at a story? Media literacy and ethics meets global context in a conversation about how journalism works and why we need it.
- Paula Doneman, senior investigative producer and crime journalist, Seven
- Sean Leahy, cartoonist, The Courier-Mail
- Mark Schoofs, investigations & projects editor, BuzzFeed News (US)
- Lenore Taylor, editor, Guardian Australia
- Moderator: Danielle Cronin, editor, Brisbane Times